Tantalum Mining Corporation (TANCO) in Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba, is looking for a Site Shift Supervisor to join our team.
Tantalum Mining Corporation (TANCO) owned by Sinomine (Hong Kong) Rare Metal Resources Co. Ltd. is a mining and manufacturing company located 60 kilometers Northeast of Lac du Bonnet, Manitoba. Employees reside in Lac du Bonnet, Pinawa and the surrounding area. These areas offer safe, family-orientated living, excellent schools, services, and affordable housing just over an hour’s drive of Winnipeg.
What do we offer?
- Diverse work activities, with the ability to be part of friendly, successful, and productive team.
- Permanent position and extended mine-life offering job security.
- Excellent remuneration package with bonus, pension plan and health benefits.
- Ongoing development opportunities and growth within a company that continuously invest in their people.
- Responsible for daily floor operations oversight, consistent with production scheduling and directives, to maintain optimal performance of all process unit operations while integrating the needs for chemical, milling and surface operations.
- Organizes tasks and activities for effective accomplishment of responsibilities and objectives. Utilizes the appropriate resources to accomplish plans and follow through.
- Act as liaison between the production facility and on-site departmental service providers, as well as external raw material suppliers where relevant.
- Participate and lead, as required, in the training of applicable operating procedures and completion of appropriate documentation of personnel in relevant areas of all process unit operations.
- Conduct callouts for operations, mechanical, and electrical personnel because of manpower shortages and/or unplanned maintenance activities.
- Ensure completion of operating log sheets is being maintained.
- Conduct routine Workplace Inspections and Audits
- Report and investigate safety, environmental and process incidents.
- Work effectively in team environment.
- Problem solving.
- Ability to plan and manage multiple assignments and tasks, set priorities and adapt to changing conditions and work assignments.
- Ability to learn, adapt and grow with change.
- Personal integrity, dependability, honesty, self-confidence, and a positive attitude.
- Microsoft Office and applicable software.
- Previous Experience with PLC Operated Facilities preferred
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.