In June, the Lac du Bonnet CDC worked with the Rural Municipality of Lac du Bonnet, the Safe Boating Ambassador Committee, and Transporation Canad to promote safe boating in Lac du Bonnet as part of the recommendations set out by the VORR Committee in September of 2020.
As the Lac du Bonnet CDC had been involved in the VORR Study in 2020, this project was a natural fit for the organization. During the project start, the Lac du Bonnet CDC worked to:
- Develop Terms of Reference for the Committee.
- Create safety messaging articles around the key etiquette and safety concerns discovered during the public consultation process of the VORR Study.
- Create graphics and a logo to accompany the safety messaging.
- Develop a partnership with the Lac du Bonnet Clipper to publish the safety message articles in the local newspaper.
- Organize a social media schedule for safety messages that would run on RM of Lac du Bonnet, MyLdB, and the LdB CDC social channels, delivering a different message each day across social media.
- Create a Waterway Safety section on MyLdB to house the articles online in a place where visitors and residents could access the information.
- Create a Summer Action Plan for Transportation Canada, explaining the work that the committee would undertake during the summer months.