REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL
Event Marketing and Website Design
This request for proposal is for the design, development, and execution of an event marketing plan and website design for the Great Outdoors Expo taking place in Lac du Bonnet on April 30 and May 1, 2022.
The Lac du Bonnet Community Development Corporation exists to foster social and economic development within the Town and Rural Municipality of Lac du Bonnet by diversifying and growing the local economy, creating employment opportunities, and improving infrastructure and services.
The Lac du Bonnet Community Development Corporation is planning a trade show that will feature anything and everything to do with the Great Outdoors, from building a beautiful backyard oasis, advertising the best outdoor equipment to showcasing outdoor activities and adventures. In conjunction with this event, we will also be hosting an Artisan Market to showcase local, handmade products.
We require a marketing company to develop and implement a marketing plan to build our brand and attract attendees.
The Primary Objective is to prepare and execute a marketing strategy and website that will showcase the sponsors, vendors and the Expo in a means to attract the first-year attendance goal of 1,200 to 1,800 paid attendees.
Outdoors Enthusiasts, Adventure Seekers, Leisure Travelers, Tourism Businesses, Destination Management Organizations, Tourism Committees, Economic Development Agencies, Event and Attraction Organizations, and Not-for-profits.
To reach these goals, the Lac du Bonnet Community Development Corporation is now accepting bids in response to this Request for Proposal.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Lac du Bonet Community Development Corporation requires a marketing company to market and promote the Great Outdoor Expo, including:
- Produce a marketing plan within the budget that incorporates radio, digital/PPC marketing campaigns, print media, PR & earned media campaigns, posters, brochures, and flyers.
- Produce the creative materials needed to execute the marketing plan.
- Execute the marketing plan once approved.
- Create and maintain brand awareness.
- Maintain and monitor organic social channels (Facebook & Instagram).
- Create media packages with graphics and copy for vendors to share about attending the trade show.
- Create and maintain a WordPress website that provides:
- Event and vendor-specific information,
- eCommerce solution for Admission Tickets,
- Provides support for the sales of booth spaces and sponsorship packages, and
- The Great Outdoors Committee must be able to edit and maintain the website internally after the event for future use.
Attend committee meetings to provide a report on advertising performance, including:
- PPC advertising performance,
- Organic social media performance,
- Website analytics,
- Visitor conversion rate,
- Online ticket sales, and
- Post-event evaluation of the marketing performance.
PROPOSAL EVALUATION METRICS
The Lac du Bonnet Community Development Corporation will evaluate bidders and proposals based on the following criteria:
- Brief company overview,
- Total costs and fees payment schedule,
- Previous experience and past performance history that demonstrates a minimum of 5 years experience in event marketing,
- Samples and/or case studies referencing two to three previous event marketing projects that showcase sample website developments, social media posts and ads, magazine advertisements, graphic design/ability to create posters, brochures, and other print media.
TIMELINE AND KEY PROJECT DATES
RFP Sent: November 26, 2021
Responses Due: December 8, 2021
Chosen Agency Selection Date: December 10, 2021
Project Kick-off Date: December 13, 2021
Social Media Launch and Organic Posting Target Date: January 2, 2022
Website Launch Target Date: January 2, 2022
Paid Marketing Campaign Execution Start Date: February 14, 2022
QUESTIONS AND SUBMISSION INFORMATION
If you have any questions or require clarification about the scope of the proposal, please do not hesitate to contact:
Economic Development Officer
Lac du Bonnet Community Development Corporation
All submissions should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5:00 pm on December 8, 2021.
We thank you in advance for your submissions.