Health Care Aide
Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority
As per applicable collective agreement
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized Educational Institute.
- Demonstrates understanding of the role of the Health Care Aide within a health care setting.
- Knowledge of the techniques and procedures of patient/resident care related to activities of daily living.
- Knowledge of safe patient handling techniques.
- Knowledge of Violence Prevention Program training and processes.
- Acknowledge the infinite value of human life, respecting the rights of all individuals to live and die with dignity.
- Knowledge and understanding of P.I.E.C.E.S.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Resident Bill of Rights.
- Mandatory education sessions as set out by the program.
- Previous related experience in health care setting preferred.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal and written communication.
- Demonstrates interpersonal skills through clear communication and positive behaviour within the Respectful Workplace Policy.
- Ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks.
- Ability to recognize and pursue self-development opportunities.
- Ability to respect and promote confidentiality.
- Ability to respect and promote a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work in an environment that promotes and is conducive to pets where applicable.
- Mental and physical ability to meet the demands of the job.
- Satisfactory employment record.
Full Job Description
The Health Care Aide is a member of the health care team, working under the direction of the Registered Nurse and /or Licensed Practical Nurse. The Health Care Aide is responsible for performing and assisting with duties related to meeting client/patient/resident personal needs in accordance with the established policies and procedures. The Health Care Aide must be able to function effectively in a dynamic and demanding environment utilizing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation. The position of Health Care Aide functions in a manner consistent with and supports the mission, vision and values of the Interlake-Eastern Regional Health Authority.
Days | Evenings
Lac du Bonnet Personal Care Home (PCH)
- Life Insurance
- Dental care
- Health care
- Worker’s compensation
- Pension Plan
See the full Benefits Package here.