Old Hickory Waterside Market Vendor Policies
1. These markets are being set up as a test run to determine their viability to operate a full season, May to September 2023. As such, we are asking all vendors to:
a. Provide feedback on how this market series can be fully developed to offer a unique selling opportunity for 2023.
b. Provide sales figures to the CDC to be used as benchmark measurements for the Market’s overall success.
2. A maximum of two vendors can participate in the Markets at one time unless vendors register as a collective group.
3. Vendors will be chosen on a first-come, first-served basis. Attempts to alternate vendors over the available days will be made.
4. Selling on the Market site is permitted only on Market days by approved Market vendors. Persons conducting business on the Market site who are not approved by the Market, or conducting business on the Market site at other times, will be considered trespassers.
5. Vendors are asked to unload their merchandise and use the Old Hickory Buildings as their storefront for the duration of the Market. Parking along the park is okay, but please refrain from parking in the designated Boat Launch parking stalls.
6. Marketing and promotions of the Markets will show market hours from 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm on Fridays, and 11:00 am to 2:00 pm on Saturdays and Sundays. Vendors may be set up and ready to sell before the designated start time and may stay after the specified end time but must be present during the advertised operational hours.
7. The Old Hickory Buildings on site are available for use by the vendors, and we encourage our vendors to set up in these buildings.
8. Vendors must provide their own tables, chairs, display equipment, etc., and remove the same at the end of the market day. Market equipment may not be left on site outside of market hours.
9. If you are scheduled to attend a market and cannot participate, please notify the Lac du Bonnet CDC at 204-213-0619 by call or text as soon as possible.
10. Vendors may sell homemade or commercially prepared products.
11. Vendors selling food must:
a. either have their permits or abide by the Province of Manitoba: Guidelines for the Operation of a Temporary Food Market; and
b. must label their products. Labels must indicate all of the ingredients in the product, beginning with the largest ingredient by weight. Labels must also show the name, address and phone number of the vendor, such that, if needed, the vendor can be contacted by health authorities.
12. Vendors must have all applicable permits for their products.
13. All persons selling at the Market agree to abide by the above rules and regulations.
14. The above rules are to be enforced by the LDB CDC Board of Directors, who are responsible for the management and advertising of the Market.
15. The LdB CDC Board of Directors shall have the authority to authorize who may be a vendor and what products may be sold.
16. The LdB CDC reserve the right to cancel privileges of any vendor at any time who, in the opinion of the majority of the Directors, has willfully violated the Old Hickory Waterside Maret Vendor Policies.