Business Attraction is a staple of any Community Development Corporation and is about more than just selling businesses sites or attracting businesses at random – it’s a means of promoting the community as a viable location for economic activity.
Today’s businesses can locate anywhere, but they’ll only come to a community if they know about it and if the community has what it needs. Attracting businesses to a community requires the following:
- knowing the community’s assets and strengths,
- knowing what industries are the best prospects for the community,
- knowing the growth needs of businesses already located within the community so that business attraction doesn’t stress the current infrastructure needs,
- marketing the community to provide information to potential investors,
- undertaking strategic improvements that will make the community a more attractive location for investment and more.
Some business attraction projects can be simple, the Valley Fiber Project, for example, while others are more complex and take more time to complete, such as the FERPA Project. And then, there are those that don’t work out at all for any number of reasons.
The key is that the Lac du Bonnet CDC is here to work with individuals and site selectors interested in investing in Lac du Bonnet with business development projects of all sizes. From attracting solopreneurs to large business operations, the Lac du Bonnet CDC is pleased to act as the connection point for business attraction by marketing the community of Lac du Bonnet and working with site selectors and individuals interested in or examining the feasibility of investing in Lac du Bonnet.